Sunday, 8 October 2017

8th October - Shadow ~ Scrying Mirror

image found on google search - author unknown

Today I pulled 'Scrying Mirror ~ Shadow' card from my Witches Wisdom deck.  I am very used to working with Shadow and have spent what seems to be years now trying to get my Self out of the darkness. 

There are many Witches out there that refuse to acknowledge the Shadow side, they believe that they should only work in 'Light & Love' and whilst I respect that I do feel that to not acknowledge the Shadow they are only living half a life. 

We all know that there is duality in everything we do, and if you are in 'public' arena of blogging, youtubing, teaching or healing, to always put on a 'happy' front is not being true to your followers, many of whom may well need your insight on troubles and worries they face! 

In fairness, there are also plenty of people out there, that seem to revel in dwelling in the darkness and who's life is just one long round of drama and misery.... 

Balance, you can't have one without the other, and to permanently be in a 'funk' is just as damaging as living permanently on rainbows and Unicorns, sooner or later the Universe will step in and find a way to get you to acknowledge the 'other' side. 

So, now I have that mini rant out of my system. This card serves to remind me that all work and no play makes this Raven a very sad bird, and I need to find the balance again.  It also is here to prompt me to work more on my Psychic abilities which I have been neglecting recently.  

It's nice to work with Cards and the Runes, but I haven't been working with my intuition and Channelling abilities and like anything else in the Craft, it's called Practise for a reason, we will never be experts but if we ignore the 'call' completely, then we will lose our gifts. 

Apologies if this is a bit of a ramble, Hubby is putting together some flat pack furniture (always a 'joy' to behold and I'm full of a cold and my head feels stuffed with cotton wool. 

Till next time

love Raven x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

8th October - Shadow ~ Scrying Mirror

image found on google search - author unknown Today I pulled 'Scrying Mirror ~ Shadow' card from my Witches Wisdom deck.  I a...